Are you interested in learning more about redistricting in Michigan, and how you – as an informed citizen – can work to impact change? If so, please join Wayne State University’s Law School Dean, Jocelyn Benson, as well as consultant, Goodman Acker attorney and former Michigan Democratic Party Chair, Mark Brewer, for an informative discussion about gerrymandering and how it negatively affects Michigan politics. The town hall discussion is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 7 pm at Hillsdale Middle School (775 North Center, Northville, MI 48167). For more information on redistricting in Michigan, please check out, “Want to change Michigan politics? Here’s how” from the Detroit Free Press Editorial Board here. Contact Roland Hwang at Hwangr@aol.com for more information.
Welcome to the Northville Democratic Club
We stand as the Progressive voice for change in Northville, Michigan. At one time our community was considered to be a conservative bastion for the Republicans. Democratic voices were absent or silenced. Republican candidates ran without opposition.
But in the last few years the Northville Democratic Club has shaken up the old order. We’ve organized a flurry of activities (see calendar):
- Town hall meetings on critical issues (see calendar)
- An anti-war march
- Regular membership meetings (see calendar)
- Fund-raisers for our Political Action Committee (PAC)
- Democratic presence in the 4th of July celebration and Victorian Festival
- Democratic Spring Gala, an elegant regional fundraiser at Meadowbrook Country Club
- Northville Summer Barbeque, a lively but relaxed local fundraiser
- Phone banking and canvassing to identify Democratic voters throughout Northville
- Strong campaign to elect and re-elect President Barack Obama, coordinated with OFA
- Support for Democratic Candidates throughout the ticket
- In-depth participation in Michigan Democratic Party events and initiatives
Please join us (see Join Our Club), and volunteer to help as we prepare for the 2016 campaign. Come to our next meeting, fundraiser, or town hall event (see calendar), or donate to the Northville Dems PAC (see Contact Us). With your help, we can help turn this community into one where Progressive ideas reach every household.
Join the Northville Democratic Club and become part of the political change that moves Michigan forward. We are already preparing for the 2016 November election. Here are just some of the activities we have planned.
- Work on a phone bank to identify voters who are likely to vote Democratic and to urge identified Democrats to vote and to otherwise become involved in the election process
- Assist in organizing and throwing fund raising events
- Come to our monthly meetings and meet like-minded fellow Democrats and Democratic candidates
- Drive around a section of Northville or Northville Township just days before the election and drop off Democratic literature to known Democrats and others
- Hand out campaign literature at your precinct polling place on election day
- Assist your precinct captain as a poll watcher on election day
- Work in partnership with Organizing for Action, President Obama’s new community based organization
- Run for Precinct Delegate joining the many Northville Democratic Club Precinct Delegates
- Support the club through administering our technology program
Join us for fellowship with a purpose. We could use your time and talents.